What you’ll learn…
There is no doubt growing your online brand through email has become easier, especially when combined with marketing tools like AI. Billions of emails are sent daily, and they represent the most effective tools for digital marketing today.
Email marketing not only gets you an audience, but it also engages and stimulates them to become repeat customers with only minimal spending. However, getting the most out of your email marketing strategy relies on excellent list building and email list managers.
With a large number of email software pitching their services to you via email every day, it can be challenging to find which does what it says it does.
Below is a compilation of the best email list management tools for efficiently managing your mailing list to skyrocket your growth in 2022.
Why Do You Need Email List Management?
An email campaign goes beyond building a list and churning out messages to the email addresses on your list.
Substantial effort has to go into the existing list’s organization, segmentation, cleaning, updating, etc. These have several benefits and are crucial to the success of your campaign.
For instance, cleaning your list helps you maintain freshness and avoid wasting money and resources sending messages to contacts who never open them. Also, arranging your list into segments ensures you can send relevant content to each member on your list.
Overall, list management is essential to your email marketing strategy – whether white hat link building or guest post outreach- and will be the main difference between an effective email campaign and an ordinary list of email addresses.
Alongside list management best practices, you can target an audience, engage customers appropriately, reduce costs, and get more conversions.
What are the Best Email List Management Tools?
The best email list management software are:
- Active Campaign
- Constant Contact
- Send in Blue
- Campaign Monitor
- Mad Mimi
ActiveCampaign is a popular email marketing software that helps you with adequate list management. It is a feature-rich tool that balances high functionality with ease and cost-effectiveness.
ActiveCampaign is great for CRM campaigns because of…
- Powerful Automation for Any Business Type. No matter the kind of brand you operate, ActiveCampaign offers rich automation to segment your list and market to them based on set parameters. This makes it incredibly valuable for businesses that require concise product-market fits such as app development.
- Huge Templates and Automation Library. ActiveCampaign has an extensive library of importable email templates and automation. So you can pay attention to other things that matter while ActiveCampaign gets things done for you in no time.
- Advanced Customer Relationship Management Tools. ActiveCampaign lets you track email marketing events. Its CRM system makes it easy to manage how contacts interact with your business and allows you to set appropriate actions afterward.
The pricing on ActiveCampaign is billed by contacts. For 500 contacts, you can expect to pay:
- Lite: $15/mo or $9/mo paid annually
- Plus: $70/mo or $49/mo paid annually
- Professional: $159/mo or $129/mo paid annually
- Enterprise: $279/mo or $229/mo paid annually
SendX is one of the best email marketing tools perfect for list building. Thanks to its unique offerings, powerful features, affordability, and convenience, you can take absolute control over your mailing list. In addition, it lets you grow your list with email templates, easy popup, and website builders.
SendX is great for list building because it has…
- Unlimited Emails and Affordable Prices. No matter the plan you opt for after the 14-day free trial, you get to send unlimited emails per month. In addition, you only have to pay for the subscribers on your list without hidden charges or limits.
- Versatile List Management Options. SendX features a wide range of options that allow you to manage your subscription list adequately. For example, you can optimize campaigns based on over 30 parameters and get quick overviews of your campaigns with the heatmap.
- Sufficient Templates for Connecting with Everyone on Your List. SendX has more than 50 free templates and over 500,000 stock photos you can use to grow and connect with specific groups on your list.
The pricing on SendX is also one of the most affordable around, with plans starting from as low as $7.49/month for 1000 subscribers.
HubSpot is another all-in-one email marketing software that does well in list management. HubSpot thrives excellently at giving you in-depth data about what made a sale possible. And the fact that HubSpot covers a lot of ground gives it an important advantage that businesses can leverage.
HubSpot is great for tracking and analytics because…
- In-depth analytics for perfect list management. The HubSpot analytics is one of the best you can find. It goes beyond the surface to give you data, figures, rates, percentages, and everything related to email metrics.
- Sales automation and management. Its email automation is advanced and helps you build the right relationship with everyone on your list. Perhaps similar to Samcart or Clickfunnels, HubSpot has one of the best lead capture and tracking that works like sales funnels.
- Email templates for multiple segmentations. HubSpot has numerous email templates that help you grow your list and maintain them, no matter the number of segments you utilize.
HubSpot’s pricing has a free plan that offers a host of features as well as other marketing, sales, etc., plans, starting at $45 per month.
4. Constant Contact
Constant Contact qualifies as one of the best email list management software due to its immense features with which it engages customers. In addition, its features are easy-to-use, and they offer a one-month free trial for new customers.
Constant Contact is great for small businesses because…
- Real-time Upload and Tracking. Constant Contact lets you upload your contact lists from different platforms like Excel and Salesforce. It also tracks email campaigns in real-time, so you know who on your list is interested in what.
- Versatile Automation for Effective List Management. With Constant Contact, you can use contact tags to segment and deal with each subscriber on your list using their peculiarities. And that translates into effective targeting.
- Ecommerce Compatibility. This software works seamlessly with your online store to leverage on visitors, help you convert them into repeat customers, and avoid cart abandonment.
Constant Contact has two plans – the Email Plan for 5 users (starting at $20 per month) and the Email Plus plan for unlimited users and richer features (starting at $45 per month).
Sendinblue is another email list management tool that is becoming more popular. This software has all the features you may want from an email marketing service provider, from high email deliverability to excellent management tools and rich features. It hardly needs much convincing, considering it has a free plan.
SendinBlue is great for your business needs because…
- Unique Transactional Emails. This software lets you send transactional emails as part of your business needs. If you run a business that relies on list building from purchases and signups, Sendinblue is perfect for managing your list.
- Excellent Automation and Convenient Setup. Sendinblue allows you to automate your campaigns with a truly seamless setup process despite its affordability.
- Free Plan with Unlimited Subscribers. Sendinblue has a free plan that gives a lot of features, including automation, and lets you send 300 emails per day to an unlimited number of subscribers. That translates to 9000 emails every month at no cost at all.
Apart from its free plan, Sendinblue has pricier plans starting from $25 per month in the Lite package with no daily limit.
Campaigner is an email and SMS-centered marketing software that helps them focus their advanced technologies on these services. For all kinds of automation, personalization, analytics, and optimization, you can trust Campaigner to help you reach new heights.
Campaigner is great for SMS-focused marketing because…
- Advanced optimization and marketing automation tools. Your campaigns on Campaigner have the advantage of numerous high-end automation. You can set up multiple features to drive sales and get more from your list.
- Premium mailing list management. Campaigner lets you customize forms and landing pages that allow you to grow your list. And when the list starts growing, its segmentation feature is on hand to organize them nicely.
- Full-featured 30-day free trial. This means you can enjoy over 60 advanced features while you try their service for 30 days.
Campaigner’s plans lets you send emails to 5,000 contacts at $59/month, up to 25,000 contacts at $179/month, or up to 100,000 contacts at $649/month.
Mailchimp is one of the biggest list management tools today. It has maintained customers and won over new ones with superior all-in-one services for all types of email campaigns. The main highlight of Mailchimp is its mailing list software that let you segment your list with precision.
Mailchimp is excellent for building all types of email campaigns because…
- Abundant List Management and CRM Tools. Its rich CRM features help you segment your lists based on different parameters. You can use the pre-loaded parameters for ease or set up one yourself.
- Versatile Visual Representation. MailChimp lets you see what happens behind the scene through its many visual segmentations. As a result, you get data quickly and can make adjustments when necessary.
- Up to Free 10,000 Emails to 2000 Subscribers. MailChimp’s free plan is slightly limited compared to the paid plans. However, it is perfect for testing the services for new businesses and those starting a career in freelance marketing.
In addition to its free plan, Mailchimp has three different plans for various platforms, each starting from $9 per month for 500 subscribers.
8. Campaign Monitor
This is a great email list management software built to synergize multiple email marketing accounts. It works with other marketing and outreach tools, including WordPress, Zapier, AdRoll, Litmus, etc. It allows creative professionals and email marketers to use the right tools for personalization and contact management.
Campaign Monitor is great for creative professionals because…
- Perfect customization. Campaign Monitor allows complete email campaign personalization through its many templates and editing tools. It even lets you design personalized emails from templates with your logos and colors.
- Advanced email marketing process automation. Its email marketing services has dynamic fields for personalisation in things like subject lines and automates the journey for your email outreach based on the behaviors or interests of your email subscribers.
- Complete set of building and tracking tools. In addition to email templates, Campaign Monitor also has tools for analytics, A/B testings, RSS email, list segmentation, auto-response, etc.
Campaign Monitor has one of the most straightforward pricing plans. There is a free version, a limited Basic plan at $9/month, an Unlimited plan at $29, and an advanced Premier plan at $1
OptinMonster is designed to help you get more from your websites. It works by using different types of campaigns to smartly interact with your website visitors to convert them into repeat customers.
OptinMonster is great for converting your websites because…
- More conversion on websites. OptinMonster helps to convert website visitors into subscribers and traffic into leads through its contact management tools.
- Easy building and customization. This Tool has over 75 templates and features like pop-ups, lightboxes, floating bars, slide-ins, sidebars, etc. They are also easily customizable due to their drag-and-drop email builder.
- Complete email management with integration and analytics. It also lets you manage your email lists and test your performance. This lets you target and retarget visitors and customers to increase sales and reduce cart abandonment.
OptinMonster is renowned for its highly affordable plans – Basic, Plus, Pro, and Growth at $9/month, $19/month, $29/month, and $49/month, respectively. Even the lowest plan comes with unlimited campaigns and some cool features.
AdRoll offers a complete solution for all e-commerce businesses and blends it with display advertising and social media campaigns. Therefore, it provides you one of the easiest email list management tools around.
AdRoll is great for e-commerce businesses because of its…
- Advanced email list synching. AdRoll can bring multiple subscriber lists together for increased targeting, retargeting, and conversions. It also lets you import mailing lists from other tools and platforms for centrally accessible data storage.
- Easy subscriber list expansion. AdRoll has a feature known as AdRoll Prospecting that lets you expand your mailing list with new customers and increase sales.
- Email list management and automation. This tool has multiple features that let you do the basic email functionalities and some advanced ones. These include building templates, sequence automation, tracking, and analytics. This software also enables you to segment your lists and organize the existing ones.
AdRoll has just two straight-to-the-point plans. The Starter plan allows you to send 5000 emails free of charge, and the Growth plan allows 20,000 emails at $25/month and $19/month if paid annually. There are also other plans for those who need more emails.
11. Mad Mimi
Mad Mimi is a straightforward list management tool for creating a list, engaging with subscribers, and tracking email marketing campaigns. It is ideal for beginners who do not have experience and want to focus on the key aspects of list building and email marketing.
Mad Mimi is great for beginners because it has…
- Simple interface and automatic mobile optimization. The user interface is friendly for those without strong technical know-how and your email newsletters get automatic optimization on mobile phones.
- Basic customization and formatting. This email marketing tool has a theme designer that lets you do basic customization to emails, and you can save the themes for later.
- Reliable management options. With Mad Mimi’s management features, you can create lists from your contacts, track and report performance, and use advanced features like RSS to email, and drip campaigns.
Mad Mimi’s plans starts with the Basic plan for individuals that allows 500 contacts at $10/month. The Pro plan is available at $42/month for 10,000 contacts, and the Silver plan for businesses allows 50,000 contacts and goes for $199. There is also a Gold plan at $1,049 for 350,000 contacts.
What is email list management?
Email list management is the process of arranging your email contacts or blog subscribers into segments and lists to maximize your email marketing efforts and enhance ROI. The process can be achieved easily with proper email list management or an email marketing platform.
It involves list management best practices, such as customization and formatting, segmentation, optimization, marketing automation, tracking, analytics, audience targeting and retargeting, re-engagement campaigns, etc.
Are email lists worth it?
Absolutely! Email lists represent one of the best ways of connecting with your audience. It guarantees you more traffic and click-through rates than other forms of marketing and is multiple times more effective than the biggest social media platforms.
Email lists help your business deliver conversational marketing with exclusive information like updates and discounts. It also presents you with effective tracking of your performance, unlike conventional business marketing models.
Having established the need to have your list of email subscribers, it’s also essential to mention the process of achieving it. Start by selecting an excellent email marketing provider, and the list above is a perfect place to begin. Then, set up an account and create an opt-in form with giveaways.
You also have to engage your list through newsletters, but you should start with a welcome mail and give freebies from time to time. If you’re able to pull this off, you will have a good sender reputation, a listening (or reading) audience, and customers that are willing to buy your product or service.
Any business that wants to make the most of its email marketing strategy must pay attention to the best email list manager practices for maximizing profits and maintaining sender reputation. One of the most important is to remove invalid email addresses and duplicate contacts. Most management tools should offer this feature to their users.
Your email list management system needs to feature automation, integration, customization, and analytics to improve your strategy and profit from marketing efforts.
Customization helps you to personalize your campaigns, automation and integration will make the process smooth, and analytics helps you track performance.
Of course, you’ll also need solid email content.
Can I create an email list without a website?
Yes. You do not need a website to build an email list even though a website has its advantages. You may use a landing page, referrals, social media, guest posting, and platforms like Medium, SlideShare, and Quora.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know the best email list management tools, it’s time to take your digital marketing campaigns to the next level. The tools mentioned above will help you organize your list for better targeting and conversion.
If you have questions or have no idea where to start, you won’t go wrong with trying out either Active Campaign or SendX. These email marketing software are not only easy and cost-effective, but it also offers some of the best services and has the most helpful features, including drag and drop builder, integrations, a/b testing, email autoresponder, bulk emails, etc.